Salve Regina University

Table of Contents

Tours

  1. Admission Campus Tour

    Experience our campus by taking a self-guided walking tour.

    Stops

    1. Ochre Court

      A "one-stop shop" for students and visitors alike, Ochre Court houses the Office of the President, the Business Office and the offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and the Registrar, among others. Concerts, student dances, lectures and special functions are held on the first floor throughout the year.

      Designed by Richard Morris Hunt, America's foremost architect of the late 19th century, Ochre Court was commissioned by New York banker and real estate magnate Ogden Goelet as his family's summer residence. It was the Goelet family's gift of Ochre Court in 1947 that allowed the Sisters of Mercy to open Salve Regina College.

    2. Miley Hall

      Miley Hall is a traditional residence hall that accommodates first-year students and also houses the cafeteria, Miley Mart/Starbucks, bookstore and offices for the Center for Student Development, Counseling Services, Health Services and Student Affairs. Students are housed on three floors, with males on the first floor and females on the second and third floors.

       

      As Salve Regina's main dining hall, the cafeteria offers daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. Features include the Mongolian grill, brick oven pizza, daily pasta specials, made-to-order deli, soups and salad bar. My Zone provides a separate pantry for students with allergies such as gluten, lactose, wheat, soy and peanut.

       

      Miley Mart, a retail convenience store located in the lower level, features hot or iced Starbucks coffee and drinks, along with a complete line of snacks, candy, bottled beverages, frozen entrees, ice cream, canned and paper goods and health and beauty products.

    3. Rodgers Recreation Center

      Dedicated in 2000, the Rodgers Recreation Center houses the University's athletic and recreational facilities, including the gymnasium, fitness center, aerobics studio, training rooms and a Hall of Fame area.

       

      Designed by renowned architect Robert A.M. Stern, the facility's innovative design is a fitting modern counterpart to its Gilded Age neighbors. The Shingle-style exterior echoes McKim, Mead & White's Newport Casino and the Isaac Bell House.

    4. Antone Academic Center

      The Antone Academic Center houses performance areas, studios, offices, classrooms and laboratories for several academic departments and programs, including American studies, art, cultural and historic preservation, English, history and sociology.

       

      Also inside is the Dorrance H. Hamilton Gallery, which features the work of Salve students, faculty, alumni and outstanding regional, national and international artists.

       

      Creation of the Antone Academic Center involved the unique restoration, renovation and union of two nationally historic and significant complexes - Wetmore Hall, the original carriage house and stables for Chateau-sur-Mer, and Mercy Hall, the original carriage house and stables for Ochre Court.

    5. Wakehurst

      A hub for student activities, Wakehurst also houses classrooms and offices. On the first floor is the Global Cafe, a gaming room and the fireplace lounge, where many campus events are held. The lower level is home to the bicycle loan program, student mailroom, the Office of Student Activities, the WSRU radio station and a lounge.

       

      The second floor features classrooms, a club resource room, the Office of Community Service, the Student Government Association, Campus Activities Board, Willow and Mosaic offices and a study lounge.

       

      Built for renowned anglophile James J. Van Alen and completed in 1887, Wakehurst is an exact replica of an Elizabethan manor house in England. Salve Regina acquired the property from the Van Alen family in 1972.

    6. McKillop Library

      The McKillop Library is a state-of-the-art facility that holds approximately 150,000 volumes and also accommodates computer labs, the Academic Center for Excellence and the Center for Teaching and Learning. The spacious, comfortable atmosphere provides plenty of room for individual and group study, along with a Learning Commons and an electronic classroom for instructional purposes.

    7. Hunt/Reefe Halls

      Co-ed by room, Hunt Hall and Reefe Hall are traditional residence halls with private bathrooms. First-year students are housed in Reefe Hall, while sophomores are housed in Hunt Hall. Room options include triples and quads, with laundry and lounges on the first floor.

    8. O'Hare Academic Center

      The academic hub of campus, O’Hare Academic Center houses classrooms, state-of-the-art laboratories, faculty offices, the Bazarsky Lecture Hall and Jazzman’s Cafe. In 2015, the University broke ground on a major renovation and addition, which is designed to create new, signature spaces for several academic departments, including biology, business, chemistry, math, nursing and social work.

    9. McAuley Hall

      Having served the University as both residence hall and library, McAuley Hall now houses classrooms, offices and academic departments, including administration of justice, education, political science and psychology.

       

      Designed by the famed architectural firm of Peabody & Stearns, McAuley Hall is the former centerpiece of tobacco heiress Catherine Lorillard Wolfe’s sprawling Vinland estate. Planned by noted landscape architect Ernest Bowditch, the grounds feature a pair of 90-foot, century-old beech trees and a large dolium near the main entrance that was excavated from an Italian garden and dates to 200 B.C.

    10. Our Lady of Mercy Chapel

      Consecrated in 2010, Our Lady of Mercy Chapel offers regular services and allows weddings to be celebrated on campus in a religious setting. The first floor houses both the chapel and an interfaith prayer room. The Mercy Center for Spiritual Life, located on the lower level, is a welcoming space that hosts student activities, fellowship and offices for campus ministers.

       

      Designed by award-winning architect Robert A.M. Stern, the stone and shingle exterior complements the historic architecture of the neighborhood. Features include a set of 13 leaded opalescent glass windows created by renowned artist John La Farge and a bell tower housing three 1910 bells cast by the Meneely Bell Company.